The Temple Landfill is operated by Waste Management under a lease agreement with the City of Temple. We receive approximately 1650 tons of waste daily. Visitors come from throughout the Central Texas Council of Governments 7-county region.
- Be sure to bring your identification to show where the waste was generated.
- If you are a Temple resident and have a pickup load or less of general household cleanup, you may bring your current water utility bill* showing your residential garbage rate for 1 free dump per month. This does not include any type of remodeling, demolition, building or roofing materials or anything over a pickup load.
- (*NOTE: If you pay your bill online, please visit our Solid Waste office at 3219 Bullseye Lane to obtain a copy before proceeding to the landfill. Office hours are M-F from 8 am to 5 pm)
- If you are not a Temple resident, the minimum charge to dispose of a load is $16.
- All loads must be fully covered and tarped or an additional fee of $20 will be assessed.
- A safety vest MUST be worn while in the landfill. You may wear your own safety vest, or one may be purchased at the Scalehouse for $10.
- Accepted methods of payment are:
- Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard and Discover only)