When using unscreened Tri-Gro compost as a mulch it provides the benefits of a soil amendment and a mulch in one application.
Why use Tri-Gro compost:
- It will provide slow release nitrogen, making it readily available to plants longer
- It will improve soil tilth, making digging and tilling easier
- It will improve moisture retention, decreasing the frequency of watering
- It will provide organic matter, incorporating micro-nutrients into the soil that commercial fertilizers can’t provide.
- It will normalize soil pH, making it good for both sandy and clay soil
Why use mulch?
- It will improve aesthetic appearance of beds and gardens
- It will slow weed growth by providing a natural groundcover
- It will decrease soil temperature in the summer
- It will insulate and protect plants in the winter
- It will make excellent paths in lawns and gardens, providing a natural semi-permanent walking surface.
Notice to Consumers
TriGro is a sewage sludge product which has been processed in a manner that meets all the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) requirements of "uncontrolled use" as a soil conditioner and organic fertilizer.
The City of Temple recommends that it not be used for growing crops for human consumption (home vegetable garden). The use of this product should be restricted to areas such as lawns, flowers, and other home gardens.
|Product||Price Per Cubic Yard||Tax Added|
|Native Wood Mulch||
|Cedar Mulch (when available)||
|Check or Money Order accepted|
|1st & 3rd Saturdays of the month||8am-12pm|
Please call: (254) 939-6471
Tri-Gro is not sold in bags. It is purchased by cubic-yard and will be loaded into your truck.
Occasionally Tri-Gro products may run short in late spring and summer. Please call in advance.