Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting
SAVE THE DATE: Monday, December 7, 2020!
Join us on the First Monday in December for one of the largest lighted Christmas parades in Texas and help welcome Santa Claus to Downtown Temple.
We hope to see you at the 74th Annual Christmas Parade Monday, December 7th, 2020.
2020 parade applications will be available online starting on Thursday, October 1st, 2020.
Please check back for updated information in the Fall of 2020.
Schedule of Activities
- 4:00 pm – 6th and 8th Streets closed for parade entries
- 4:30 pm – Come early to get a great seat in the bleachers in front of City Hall, visit the local shops for some early Christmas shopping, or enjoy a leisurely meal in any of our Downtown restaurants.
- 5:45 pm– No traffic allowed down Adams Avenue
- 6:15 pm- Mayor Tim Davis will light the Municipal Building's holiday decorations and the City's Christmas tree located in the municipal parking lot of City Hall (2 N. Main Street).
- 6:30 pm – Parade begins featuring over 100 illuminated entries.
- Entries featuring community groups and supporters from around Temple.
- Local personalities from around Central Texas on our announcer stands!
- The parade takes approximately 90 minutes to traverse the entire route.
- 7:20 pm– Santa begins his trip down the parade route on a specially designed float.
The parade starts at the intersection of E. Adams Avenue and N. 8th Street, proceeds west along Adams Avenue, in front of the Municipal Building, all the way to North 23rd Street and then turns north and disbands at Temple High School. Total distance is 1.4 miles.