Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting
Join us on the First Monday in December for one of the largest lighted Christmas parades in Texas and help welcome Santa Claus to Downtown Temple.
The City of Temple 72nd Annual Christmas Parade, produced by the City of Temple Parks & Recreation Department, is scheduled for Monday evening, December 3rd, 2018.
The theme for this year’s parade is “My Favorite Christmas Movie”
It is recommended that spectators arrive by 6:00 p.m. Guests may park on the side streets and walk to Adams Ave., or park in several parking lots located along Adams Avenue. The municipal parking lot at City Hall will also be available for parking.
Schedule of Activities
- 4:00 pm – 6th and 8th Streets closed for parade entries
- 4:30 pm – Come early to get a great seat in the bleachers in front of City Hall, visit the local shops for some early Christmas shopping, or enjoy a leisurely meal in any of our Downtown restaurants.
- 5:45 pm– No traffic allowed down Adams Avenue
- 6:15 pm- Mayor will light the Municipal Building's holiday decorations and the City's Christmas tree located in the municipal parking lot of City Hall (2 N. Main Street).
- 6:30 pm – Parade begins featuring over 100 illuminated entries.
- Entries featuring community groups and supporters from around Temple.
- Local personalities from around Central Texas on our announcer stands!
- The parade takes approximately 90 minutes to traverse the entire route.
- 7:20 pm– Santa begins his trip down the parade route on a specially designed float.
Adams avenue from 8th street west to 23rd street!
2018 Applications will be avaiable October 1st!
Please check back for more details!
The parade committee is currently updated the Rules and Regulations for 2018, please keep checking back for updates!
Parade Theme: My Favorite Christmas Movie