The City of Temple accepts résumés only when accompanied by a city application. Positions are subject to close without notice.
Drug testing is required for all positions. A physical or TB skin test may also be required.
Essential for all City of Temple jobs:
Consistent attendance and punctuality are considered an essential part of all jobs with the City of Temple. Employees are expected to:
- Report to work as scheduled.
- Be at assigned workplace on time at the beginning of their work day.
- Be at assigned workplace immediately following lunch or rest breaks.
The selection process shall consist of a four-step evaluation.
- Step 1. All applications are reviewed by the Human Resources Department.
- Step 2. Applications are forwarded to the hiring department where they are reviewed for qualifications relative to those of other candidates.
- Step 3. If the department desires to interview an applicant, a background check will be completed by the Human Resources Department prior to scheduling the interview.
- Step 4. The applicants passing the background check, who present qualifications which most closely match those necessary for the position, will be invited to interview*. The interview will assess the applicants’ experience and personal/professional development pertaining to the necessary skills, knowledge, and abilities needed for the position.
* If an applicant is not chosen for an interview, they will be notified by mail.