|Kayla Landeros, City Attorney, Email
2 North Main Street, Temple, TX 76501 | Ph:(254) 298-5674
Monday – Friday | 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
The Legal Department advises officials and employees of the City regarding municipal legal matters. The City Attorney drafts and reviews ordinances, resolutions, policies, and contracts prior to consideration by the City Council to ensure compliance with state, federal, and local laws; adjusts claims; initiates and defends lawsuits; prosecutes cases filed in municipal court; and makes recommendations pertaining to risk management.
- Tracking completion of major retail development at South Loop 363, payment of initial incentive, and compliance with development agreement.
- Creation of strategic investment zones committee, and presentation of final report and recommendations to the City Council.
- Development of neighborhood code enforcement program, and presentation of ordinance to City Council.
- Assisted City Manager in implementing organizational changes in 2007.
- Track, influence, and implement legislative changes adopted by the Texas Legislature in 2007 session.
- Work with City Manager and City Council to implement recommendations contained in the Strategic Reinvestment Zones report. (Q-6-d) (Q-9-c).
- Assist in evaluating, applying for, negotiating, and implementing a pass through financing agreement with TxDOT for highway improvements in Temple.
- Manage the City's risk management and claims management programs to protect the City's financial resources.
- Assist the City Council, City Manager and all department heads in meeting their goals and objectives.
- Facilitate the formation of a joint education council (to be discussed in bi-monthly meetings with TISD Superintendent). (E-1-e)