Customer Service Inspections
|Dustin Hansen, TCEQ Special Program Technician and Customer Service Inspector, Email
3210 East Avenue H, Bldg A, Ste 107, Temple, TX 76501
Ph. (254) 298-5622 | Fax (254) 298-5661
Monday – Friday | 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- The City of Temple continually inspects the entire Water Distribution system within our jurisdiction to monitor potential contamination hazards.
Backflow Prevention Policy
- In accordance with TCEQ
Rules and Regulations for Public Water Systems, and with City Ordinance No. 2001-2802, no water connection from any public drinking water system shall be allowed at any residence or establishment where an actual or potential contamination hazard exists, unless the public water system is protected by an air gap or backflow prevention assembly. All backflow prevention assemblies are required to be registered and tested to be in compliance:
- immediately after installation of assembly unit;
- whenever the assembly is moved;
- a minimum of once per year (annually); (Non-Residential)
- prior to reoccupancy of premises that have been vacated and unoccupied for one year; and,
- immediately after any repairs are made to the assembly unit.
For a list of Frequently Asked Questions about Backflow Prevention, Click Here
Test & Maintenance Report Form
- Please submit the original, signed Test & Maintenance Report and a copy of the tester's certification to this office upon installation of backflow preventions assembly. The Certified Tester must be registered with the City of Temple Utilities Services Division.
Water & Sewer Tap Fees
- For new construction or for separate irrigation system taps, please contact Dustin Hansen
for specific information.