|Dana Karl, Court Administrator
Kisha Kostroun, Court Coordinator | Ph: (254) 298-5396
401 N 3rd St.
Temple, TX 76501 | Ph: (254) 298-5687 map
Monday – Friday | 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
The mission of the Municipal Court is predetermined by the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure and the Code of Judicial Conduct.
Court trials are held weekly and preliminary hearings are held three times weekly. Community service, teen court, defensive driving, payment bonds and deferred adjudication are programs provided to assist defendants in bringing their cases to final disposition.
The Court and all support personnel shall provide equal and impartial justice under the law and expedite each case efficiently without delay or undue expense.
- Our "multi-county" warrant roundup gained state recognition. The State joined in to promote a "State-Wide" warrant roundup. It was the most successful roundup to date
- Assisted the architects in the completion of the space needs assessment for the new Municipal Court facility. The assessment includes 10 & 15 year forecasts; projected personnel in relation to population growth, accommodation of new programs, preparation for new technology and improved security
- Cross trained numerous clerks on various duties to accommodate personal leave without affecting customer service or daily functions of the court
Significant Budget Issues
- Establish policy and procedures for a warrant service program to seek final disposition of unresolved cases
- Implement policy and procedures to comply with newly mandated legislation
- Develop and install a Peer format in the existing Teen Court program under the direction of the newly appointed Municipal Court Judge
- Schematic design and construction of new Municipal Courts facility