Fire & Rescue
|Ron Snider, Interm Fire Chief
210 North 3rd Street, Temple, TX 76501
Ph: (254) 298-5682 | Fax: (254) 298-5596
Monday – Friday | 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
The Temple Fire Department has 115 staffed personnel operating out of eight fire stations and manning:
- 8 paramedic engine companies
- 1 ladder truck
- 1 rescue/haz-mat vehicle
- 1 booster truck
- 1 command vehicle
The Temple Fire Department provides a first responder type of EMS system with paramedics on all fire department engine companies. Transport of patients is provided by private service.
Currently the Temple Fire Department averages more than 10,000 fire and EMS calls per year.
Goals and Objectives
- Develop and present programs designed to reduce the number of residential fires, injuries and deaths
- Reduce the hazard of fires in commercial and manufacturing occupancies through proactive business inspection and code enforcement programs
- Maintain safe fire and emergency medical response time averages of four minutes or less
- Annual presentation of a Junior Fire Cadet program for Temple children ages 9 to 13
To protect life and property from all hazards and to provide the best Advance Life Support pre-hospital medical care for the citizens of Temple.